Anne Hathaway finally sets the record straight on 'loud' facelift speculation



Anne Hathaway finally shut down “distracting” rumors she got a facelift.

During a new interview with Elle, published Thursday, Hathaway confirmed she hasn’t undergone plastic surgery despite preferring to “never comment on anything” about her physical appearance.

“We’re at a time when people feel very confident in assuming what they think is fact, and sometimes what they think is accurate and sometimes it’s not,” the 43-year-old told the magazine.

Anne Hathaway (pictured above on April 20) broke her silence on “loud” facelift speculation on Thursday. GC Images
The actress shut down the “distracting rumors” in an Elle interview. Norman Jean Roy/ ELLE

Hathaway continued, “My preference would be to … just live in the mystery and not draw attention to myself, but the speculation has gotten so loud that you do feel the need to just get your truth out there.”

The “Devil Wears Prada 2” actress looked back on the braided hairstyle tutorial she shared in March as her first subtle response to the speculation.

Hathaway will “probably always wonder” whether she should have posted the Oscars 2026 video — but took the initiative because she felt “the conversation” about her looks “was becoming distracting.”

The “Devil Wears Prada 2” star (pictured above on April 22) insisted she “didn’t make a huge medical decision.” Grant Buchanan/Dave Benett/WireImage
Hathaway (pictured above on May 4) noted that she might get plastic surgery in the future. Getty Images

In the viral video, Hathaway requested hairstylist Orlando Pita “show them [the] secret” after a “drumroll, please.”

Pita told his client’s followers he makes “one [braid] on each side” and then “bring[s] it together in the back.”

Hathway, who previously revealed she uses bobby pins to plump her lips, gushed that this move helps her “look a little more awake.”

She spoke to the outlet about subtly addressing the headlines in a March social media upload. ELLE Magazine
Hathaway (pictured above on April 18) wanted to get her “truth out there.” Variety via Getty Images

Hathaway pointed out on Thursday that getting a facelift is a “huge medical decision that people are presuming” about her.

“I wanted to show that like, no, I didn’t make a huge medical decision,” she explained to the outlet. “It’s just two braids.

“And by the way, the other thing about all this is, I might still get a facelift someday,” the Oscar winner quipped.

The Oscar winner (pictured above in February) would, however, prefer to “live in the mystery.” Getty Images
Hathaway (pictured above on April 13) noted that the criticism would have been harder to stomach earlier in her career. GC Images

Later in the interview, Hathaway admitted she would’ve had a harder time dealing with the criticism earlier in her career.

“One of the things about younger me is she was really scared, and I think that fear made me harsh with myself,” she shared.

“I shudder at the thought that I might have inadvertently been harsh with other people while I was being harsh with myself. I actually get nauseous thinking about it,” Hathaway added.

.

Don’t miss these news!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Don’t miss these news!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *